Trying to figure out what to make for meals can often feel overwhelming. When I found the Frittata with Sweet Peppers and Onions, I was in heaven! We have been trying to get a wider variety of meals to add to our dinner table. I tend to get into a rut of cooking the same meals over and over because they are easy, and I know that my family will eat them. But, since I have found this recipe, it is one that will go into the rotation of things that we enjoy!
Better yet, when you add Benefiber into the dish, you are helping your family to get the fiber that they need on a daily basis! Many of us do not think about the amount that we need to keep our bodies healthy, but Benefiber has created some delicious recipes that you can add the fiber right into, giving your family the boost they need! How amazing is that!? The commissary has everything that you need to create this fabulous dish, so what are you waiting for? Grab this recipe, and get ready to wow your family with a delicious dinner! Visit the GSK MMS page to find even more great tasting recipes and jaw-dropping savings!
What You Need
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 red sweet pepper seeds removed and sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup thinly sliced chard (can substitute spinach, kale…)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons Benefiber® unflavored powder
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a 9” ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, spray with cooking oil spray. Add pepper and onion and cook until onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan, wipe pan clean and spray with cooking oil spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, Benefiber®, yogurt, parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Place chard in the skillet and top with the egg mixture. Bake until eggs are set in the center, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.