Breakfast is the one meal that we most often skip, and that can leave us feeling a little lagged by mid-morning. Our bodies need that fuel to get started and keep us operating at our peak performance level. Finding those great meals can be a pain, but there are a few fabulous recipes that you need to keep handy!
Trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, eat the right foods, and keep a balanced fiber intake can be a pain, but what if I told you that your fiber could be added to your breakfast!? That way, the entire family gets that required fiber intake! How cool is that? Not only are you going to grab that fiber, but you are also going to get some delicious meals too! Here are my favorite two breakfast foods! Add the recommended amount of Benefiber, and you are rocking your day in more than one way – and your body will thank you too!
Print these recipes off before you head to the commissary! You can find everything you need, and enjoy a delicious and nutritious breakfast. Visit the GSK recipe page for more great tasting recipes and ideas!
What You Need
- 1 whole wheat English muffin toasted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons Benefiber® unflavored Powder
- ½ banana sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a small bowl mix peanut butter and Benefiber® until thoroughly combined.
- Spread peanut butter mixture on half of the toasted English muffin top.
- Add banana and drizzle with honey.
Number of servings (yield)1 serving
What You Need
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup bran
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber® Powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1¾ cup buttermilk (add a little more if too thick)
- 2 tablespoons melted non-hydrogenated vegetable oil spread
- Vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups fresh fruit
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- Heat heavy bottom skillet over medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients until just combined but a few lumps are still present. Do not over mix.
- Spray hot skillet with cooking oil spray and drop batter at a time onto hot skillet making 4 large or 8 small pancakes.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, approximately 3 minutes, flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fruit and drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
Number of servings (yield)4 servings