Make Tonight A Family Chili Night!!
Do you hold family night in your house? It gives us time to catch up on the important items from the day, catch up on family news, and laugh over mishaps. Our family dinners have been rather rushed lately. Between all the goings on, sports, scouting, and more – we seem to rather rush though eating than sitting and catching up. Gathering around the table with a delicious meal is just the thing to slow everyone down!
Making the time for our families is so important for many reasons. Whether your child has an issue with homework or daily life, new developments for jobs, or just laying out the upcoming events that you have planned – being able to just relax and eat together is satisfying. Kellogg’s has the perfect meal to bring everyone running to the dinner table. This chili recipe is just right, especially with the winter weather that is lingering. Warm up from the inside out! Easy to prepare and quick to cook – whether you are preparing for a lazy night or busy evening. Grab your spoons and dive in!
What You Need
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Kellogg’s® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves or dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In large saucepan COOK turkey, onion and bell pepper over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up big pieces. Drain off any fat.
- STIR in remaining ingredients. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Ladle into bowls.
Cooking time (duration)
Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield)
Grab these items at your local commissary and check out https://www.mymilitarysavings.com/brands/kelloggs for even more recipes and great savings!