Scrambled Egg with Spinach and Spring Onion on Whole Wheat English Muffin
Breakfast enthusiasts! I have some excellent news for you! Do you get tired of the same ole same ole for breakfast? I know I do! I love to find those delicious recipes that will add a little spice into the morning routine. We all work hard, and our bodies need the best fuel that we can give them. Wake up and love breakfast again!
Y’all, this recipe sure woke my morning brain up! It was delicious and effortless to make! Now, here is something for the parents – my kids enjoyed it too! Now, I know that kids do not like spinach, or mainly any food that is supposed to be good for them. So, sometimes we have to put a twist on it. I tell them spinach is superhero food, and they scarfed it down! Smiles all around!
When you add in Benefiber®, you are also adding a little bit of oomph to your meal. Benefiber® will help put that daily dose of much-needed fiber into your diet! Grab your coupon and get your $2.00 savings at your local Commissary!
What You Need
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon sliced spring onion
- 1 Whole Wheat English Muffin sliced in half
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white scrambled with a fork
- 2 teaspoons Benefiber® unflavored powder
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat medium-sized heavy bottom skillet over medium heat. Spray pan with cooking oil spray and add spring onion, cook for 2 minutes.
- While spring onion is cooking, toast English Muffin in a toaster or under the broiler in the oven.
- Whisk together egg, egg white, and Benefiber®. Add egg mixture to the spring onions and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Add spinach and fold into egg mixture until wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble by making a sandwich in the English Muffin with egg white mixture.