Fall is quickly rolling in, and that means its time to bring out the coffee!! Just kidding, I survive on coffee year round (bring on the coffee IV ya’ll), but fall means I can indulge more! Colder days, warmer drinks, and time spent chatting with friends indoors. But what to serve when you have friends over?? I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen, and decided to combine two of my favorite eats, into a delicious coffee time snack. Spice cake and marshmallows for the win! I seriously had to wrap this up and distribute to my neighbors before I ate them all myself. Not to mention, its super easy, and clean up was a breeze!
What you need:
- BETTY CROCKER Super Moist Spice Cake Mix
- Ingredients as called for on the box
- 1/2 bag KRAFT Marshmallows
- Mix ingredients with the cake mix according to directions on the back
- Pour into your favorite mold. I used mini loaf pans to make individual treats
- After you pull the cakes out of the oven, let sit for a few minutes and then pop out of the pan.
- While they continue to cool for another minute or so, pour marshmallows into microwavable bowl.
- Zap in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring at each stop. I left mine in the microwave for about 1 minute, 30 seconds.
- Spoon mixture onto the top of each cake, smoothing as you go.
- Put them onto a bake pan, and put back into the oven for 2 minutes. This allows the marshmallows to set and create a dripped look over the cakes.
- Pop onto your favorite plate and ENJOY!!
Clean up only took me about three minutes. I rinsed the dishes, and stuck them right into the dishwasher. The marshmallow came out of the bowl quite easily, with lots of hot water (seriously, this is burn the skin off your hand hot water). After that, I made myself a cup of coffee, stuck my feet up, and decided to eat a cake (or two) while the dishwasher went to work! This is perfect for watching the leaves change their colors, and just some good ole relaxation!!