It’s the most wonderful time of the year! There are so many delicious “comfort foods” just waiting to come to your dinner table! We all have our favorite dishes, which are just perfect for the chilly evenings. With many of the vegetables that we use during the summer unavailable, it can be hard to get the fiber we need in our diets. Benefiber is coming to the rescue! Adding Benefiber right into your evening family meal helps to ensure that everyone gets the daily recommended amount needed to maintain healthy lifestyles.
With our busy schedules, don’t let your fiber intake fall by the wayside! This delicious Baked Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes meal is so easy to put together, and all the ingredients can be found at your local Commissary! Pick them up on your next visit, and wow your family with this yummy filling meal! This is one dinner they will ask for again! Don’t forget to get online and get your coupon for $2.00 in savings on Benefiber through 31 December 2018! Check out the GSK page for even more delicious recipes and fabulous savings!
What You Need
- 1 cup whole grain penne pasta (about 2.66oz)
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 sweet red peppers, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups no-salt-added cooked white beans
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber® unflavored powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped spinach or chard or kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil spray and add onion and garlic to skillet, cook stirring regularly for 3 minutes. Add red peppers and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine white beans, Benefiber®, salt tomatoes, greens, oregano, cinnamon, red pepper mixture, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the cooked pasta.
- Place in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.