Baked Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes
It’s time to get your dinner on! Dinner can be hard to plan around busy schedules and hectic days. Getting your body to get all the nutrients needed each day is a struggle in itself. When you are in the field, there are MRE’s, which we all know are super delicious, but when we are home, we want regular meals. Meals that are not thrown together without a thought, and that the entire family will enjoy.
Putting enough fiber into a daily diet should not be something to stress over. Benefiber has the recommended amount, and is perfect to take with just about anything! Stir it into your morning coffee or tea, add to a glass of water, or add to your food! Did that last suggestion throw you a bit? Adding Benefiber to your meals ensures that the ENTIRE family is getting the recommended fiber intake for the day! Super easy, and tastes fantastic! Get more yummy recipes on the GSK page!
Grab these ingredients at your local commissary and prepare for tasty!
What You Need
- 1 cup whole grain penne pasta (about 2.66oz)
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 sweet red peppers, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups no-salt added cooked white beans
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber® unflavored powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped spinach or chard or kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil pray and add onion and garlic to skillet, cook stirring regularly for 3 minutes. Add red peppers and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine white beans, Benefiber®, salt tomatoes, greens, oregano, cinnamon, red pepper mixture, 1 tablespoon olive oil and the cooked pasta.
- Place in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.