Chocolate Seven Layer Bar!
Following the theme of Back to School for the month of August, I came across this fantastic recipe with HERSHEYS! Some families give new teachers an incoming gift, some give an apple, some cookies, but I found this delicious recipe that I can not only make a few for new teachers but keep some for myself! Seriously, who doesn’t love indulging in some chocolate while the kids are away at school not trying to snack a piece! 😉 This sweet and salty treat are perfect for teachers AND moms!
what you need:
- 1-1/2 cups thin pretzels or pretzel sticks finely crushed
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1-1/2 sticks) , melted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (14 oz.)
- 1 package HERSHEY’S Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar (4 oz.) , broken into pieces
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 package HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar (4 oz.) , broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
what to do:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine pretzels and melted butter in small bowl; press evenly into bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Place sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred. Carefully spread over pretzel layer in pan. Top with marshmallows, coconut and pecans; press firmly down onto chocolate layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute or until melted when stirred; drizzle over entire top. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until glaze is set. Cut into bars. Makes about 24 bars.
Taking brownies one step up!!! This recipe is a keeper! I can use this again when it’s time for Holiday treats!!
For some amazing savings and other delicious recipes, visit us at www.hersheysmilitary.com !