Happy March! March really came in like a lion here! Snow, high winds, and crazy weather that we were not expecting. Being stuck at home means that getting out to the store can be a little tricky some days, and with trying to stay healthier this year, I like to meal plan a bit. Do you struggle with getting enough fiber in your diet? I do! I know that I don’t get as much as I should each day. Benefiber makes it easy and delicious to up your fiber intake! Who says fiber has to be boring!?
If you are not sure of how much fiber you should have in your diet each day, you can ask your doctor! Even kiddos need fiber in their diets! A quick chat with the pediatrician can give you an idea of what they should be getting. Doctors are great resources when it comes to finding what should and should not be in your daily intake. If you haves some picky eaters, you can hide the fiber in their meals. Make it fun and delicious and they will scarf it down.
Benefiber has several great recipes that you can create! Check them out and see what deliciousness awaits you! Grab the recipe below and give it a go! You will fall in love with this tasty breakfast!
What You Need
- 1 cup raw steel cut oats (regular or quick)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries cut in half
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber® powder
- 4 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons non hydrogenated margarine
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a medium pot. Add salt and stir in oats, ginger, agave nectar and Benefiber.
- Cook oatmeal according to the oatmeal directions, mixing regularly to insure that Benefiber® is thoroughly incorporated. Stir in strawberries.
- Divide into serving bowls and top with spread and almonds.
Cooking time (duration)
Prep time: 5 minutes Total time: 12-30 minutes
Number of servings (yield)
Don’t forget to check out https://www.mymilitarysavings.com/brands/gsk-consumer-healthcare for more information, savings, and recipes!