Rice Krispie treats were always my favorite growing up, and now it’s my kids favorite!! Whether I buy the premade or make a batch at home, they are a staple in this house! The ooey gooey marshmallows mixed with the snap crackle and pop of rice krispies is the simplest and perfect combination!
St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner and I didn’t want to make the typical green cookies and milk, so I found a fantastic recipe using Lucky Charms Cereal! My kids can’t get enough of them that they asked if I could cut them up so they can take them in their lunch boxes to school!
LUCKY CHARMS MARSHMALLOW TREATS
What you need:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 11.5 oz box of Lucky Charms cereal
What to do:
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray (or two 8×8 inch pans for thicker bars)
- In a large pot, on low heat, melt the butter and add the salt
- once melted, add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- remove from the heat and stir in the cereal. Stir carefully as to not crush the cereal.
- Pour your mixture into the pan, push down gently and let it cool completely before cutting and serving!
A simple twist on a classic recipe!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!