TURKEY! I absolutely adore turkey. It is one of my favorite meats on any holiday (or non holiday) table. With Thanksgiving behind us, and Christmas looming, it’s a turkey lover season for me. My family grins and bears it, but I know that they get tired of it. Around this time of year, my husband begins to refer to me as the master cook in the kitchen. I enjoy cooking year round, but I tend to turn out four meals in one with some simple tricks. Having a freezer that can accommodate these meals is a must, but having the ability to get more than one meal out the leftovers is a great feeling.
Now, having stated that I love turkey, I will admit that I do three turkeys each year, for each holiday. Leftovers are life! I have a few recipes that I have to make each year, and they are perfect for the colder days. Turkey Soups, Enchiladas, Salads and more! These are just a few of the dishes that you can prepare from those delicious leftover pieces.
Turkey Enchiladas – This recipe is a family favorite. So fast and easy to put together! You will fall in love with this dish too!
What you will need:
- Green Enchilada Sauce – one large can
- Cream of Chicken Soup – one large can
- KRAFT Shredded Cheese – (best to use a blended cheese for better flavor)
- Mix your Green Enchilada Sauce and Cream of Chicken Soup together in a bowl.
- Tear tortillas into four pieces and lay across the bottom of the pan that you are using until it is covered.
- Add a layer of turkey, cut up or shredded.
- Spoon some enchilada sauce over the turkey, and add a heavy layer of shredded cheese
- Continue to add tortillas, turkey, sauce and KRAFT cheese for two or three layers.
- When you have achieved those layers, add a final layer of tortillas, sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. You will want it warmed through completely and the cheese to have time to melt.
I have to stress that the KRAFT cheese really makes this dish pull together. We have tried other cheeses with it, but its not the same. This ooey gooey delight is a huge hit! I never have leftovers of this meal! Tell me what you think of this deliciousness!