Red Lentil Chili
Soup weather is here! This is the perfect time of year to pull together all your friends and swap recipes. There are so many delicious treats just waiting for you to discover them! But this one is one of the best! Chili just screams fall. It is one of those staples that you can use time and time again.
Not only is chili in your bowl delicious, but have you tried topping a baked potato with it?? Talk about DOUBLE YUM! It is so versatile! I love finding different ways to enjoy chili. Add it to hot dogs, use it in walking tacos, or create your own combination! The best part about this recipe? You can get your daily fiber intake while enjoying a delicious meal! Just add Benefiber as directed in the recipe, and keep your family on the track to inner health. I got everything I needed for this super easy recipe at the commissary. They even have a coupon for Benefiber! Save $2.00 this month when you download the coupon! Super easy! Bring the yum to the dinner table this fall!
What You Need
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 3 cups water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber® Unflavored powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Heat large heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat, lightly spritzed with vegetable oil spray, add onion and garlic and cook until golden brown stirring regularly (about 8 minutes).
- Add ground turkey to onion mixture and cook until brown stirring regularly (about 10 minutes).
- Add all other ingredients except for lentils; stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add lentils and continue to cook for 15 minutes; remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve hot, dividing chili evenly into four bowls. Top each with ½ tablespoon onions and ½ tablespoon cheddar.
Cooking time (duration)
Number of servings (yield)