It’s almost time for Halloween! If you’ve been searching for more quick treats to whip up, look no further! I’ve got TWO incredibly easy Halloween goodies that you can make up in no time. These are great for class parties, after school snacks, or a treat after a fun Halloween night. Check them out!
- Your favorite cupcakes! We love making cupcakes with the Pillsbury Dark Chocolate cake mix
- White frosting. I LOVE my easy buttercream frosting recipe. You can find that HERE!
- Mini m&ms for eyes
The easiest way to make ghost bodies of frosting, is to use a giant frosting tip OR if you’re using a plastic bag, cut a larger hole. Staying in the middle of the cupcake, keep pressing out frosting as it spreads to the edge of the cupcake. Lift slightly and begin again, this time stopping short of the edge, until you see layers forming, kind of like a pyramid! Pull the top layer slightly to the side to get a pointy top!
Press two m&ms or other small candy into the frosting as your ghost eyes. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. And deliciously adorable to boot!
Now, I’m sure everyone has heard of the edible Dirt Cups. You know, cookies crumbs + pudding with a little gummy worm in there. So cute, right? I decided to take it a step further and make Graveyard Dirt Cups for Halloween! So easy!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 package of Oreo cookies, crushed in a bag. I used a rolling pin to make my cookie crumbles!
- 1 box of Jello instant chocolate pudding. I like to add 1 cup of whipped topping to my pudding. It just adds some extra creaminess
- 2 cups of milk for the pudding
- Gummy worms or snakes
- Edible Halloween decorations, found in the seasonal baking section of the grocery store
- Small take out containers with lids. You can also use clear plastic cups!
Dirt cups are easy to assemble. Make your instant pudding according to directions. Add in the whipped topping, if desired. Alternate layers of cookie crumbs and pudding. Have your kids join in on the fun of decorating your mini graveyards! We found ghosts, gravestones, skulls, and bones to go along with our gummy snakes.
I LOVED using these smaller take out containers this year. It’s a more manageable amount for the kids to eat (they get enough sugary treats this time of year as it is!) They also come with lids! GENIUS! Now you can make them ahead of time and top them before the party, or even add the toppings into the top layer and pop a lid on them. Perfect for an after school treat on the go.
My kids LOVED decorating their own graveyards with our sweet and spooky decorations. They loved eating them even more! 😉
For more great recipes and lots of coupons, check out mymilitarysavings.com. Membership is free so be sure to sign up today!