DIY Baby Blanket
No matter what time of year, sweet babies use blankets and they are some of the simplest DIY crochet items you can make! This blanket is no exception when it comes to simple.
What you need:
- Size P Crochet Hook (11.5mm)
- Medium (4) yarn of your choice; I used 4 different colors
How I did it:
- I started with a chain of 30. You can go more or less depending on how wide you want it. I then chained 2 extra.
- DC into the 1st stitch (before the 2 extra), SC into the next stitch. You will continue this pattern all the way across, DC, SC, DC, SC. When you get to the end of the row, chain 2, and turn your work. You will continue the pattern (DC, SC) across the next row and every row across. This pattern will form this pretty scallop type of stitch.
- I changed colors a few times. You can do one solid color or switch as many times as you would like.
- When I got to my desired length, I didn’t cut my yarn. Instead I continued with the dark teal color and SC along the side of the work. When you get to the corners, place 2 SC into the corner stitch to form the corner. Do this all the way around and at every corner.
- I used every color in my blanket in my border. When complete, cut a tail and weave the ends into the work.
- THAT’S IT! Super simple!